Nowadays, almost all residential and commercial garage doors come with openers. Most of the people don’t have any idea what they are looking for in a new garage door opener. Everyone wants something that works reliably and delivers long term value. As a homeowner or business owner, you expect the mechanism door opener to perform well every time.
Choosing the right overhead door opener is not just about brand name and cost, in fact, it is all about the functionality, features and warranty options. A few opener fail to open during power outage. That is why you need to ensure that a new opener will allow you to open the overhead door by hands when necessary. A garage door is something that adds convenience to the operation of your mechanism door. It makes it possible to open and close the door without getting out of your car especially in the bad weather.
Here is a quick guide to help you sort through the plenty options available on the overhead garage door opener.
- Understand the types of openers: There are basically three types of garage door openers available in the market, including chain driven, belt driven and screw driven. Chain driven openers are made of metal and they tend to be noisy and less popular. Belt driven are expensive and require extra care when installing. Screw driven openers have no chain or belts. They are smaller than other types and tend to quitter than chain type.
- Backup power: Nowadays, high end models comes with backup power features. This feature allows you to enjoy the safety and convenience of automatic operations even the power is out. Before making your decision of purchasing an opener, you need to speak with a dealer and decide whether this feature is worth the extra cost.
- Size: Almost overhead doors are seven feet high. Just because of this reason, all the door openers are specially designed to fit these doors. If you have non-standard size door or don’t know the size of your door, make sure you understand the costs related to modifying the opener before you make a final decision.
- Evaluate features: Before purchasing, understand the features of each openers and compare them with each other to make a wise decision. Evaluate the power and size of the motor, emergency features and the noise level of each garage door opener. If you find a model that you are looking for, you can get it for your mechanism door.
- Brand and price: There are a number of brands available in the market and all these are available with different price tags. Only you know how much you can spend on a new garage door opener. You know your budget and your needs. You can find a garage door opener that delivers many features with low price.
The above are the few factors to consider before purchasing a garage door opener. It will help you to choose the right opener for your door. Whether you want to install a new opener or want to replace an old one, Gulliver Garage Doors in Calgary can help you.