Most of the homeowners do not realize the importance of a well-functioning garage door unless the door breaks or they are facing a problem to open and close the door. A non-operating door can be a nightmare for everyone. When an unexpected situation arises, all of us want to get fast assistance in fixing the problem.
When you are in a rush and your car stuck in the garage, the chances to make the wrong decision and hire a wrong company to fix the issue. In such situation, you tend to ignore warning signs and easily get impressed by a company’s loud web presence. As a result, you are falling right into the trap of a fraud company. That is why it is important to choose the right company to avoid scams.
- Ask for business address: Make sure the company you hire has a permanent business address. If you hire a garage door repair company online, don’t forget to verify the physical address of the company. The address can be verified through a series of Google searches or you can use Google Map to find the exact location of the company.
- Review the online ratings: Nowadays, every person uses the internet to search any type of service. Whether you want to replace the old door with a new one or just want to repair a malfunctioning door, you always find a reliable company online. Before hiring a company, it is important to check the rating of the company.
- Ask for details: Do not allow a professional to start the repair service without giving you a detailed of what needs to be done and the cost of the repair service. If you think the company gives you a high estimate on repair cost, do not hesitate to ask for a second opinion.
- Lifetime guarantees: If a technician tells you about lifetime guarantees for hire priced parts, beware of him. This is a very common trick to convenience and trap customers. It is a very common warning sign of a garage door repair scam. They install very cheap parts and that will fail very soon.
- Unmarked vehicle: If a technician arises you in an unmarked van, be cautious and ask for credentials. A marked vehicle is a clear sign of a reliable and trustworthy garage door repair company. So, every time when you hire a company, make sure they arrive you with a marked vehicle.
Here you have it. These are just a few signs of overhead door repair. Before hiring a company, you should ensure that you consider all necessary points. For the garage door repair and replacement services always rely on a trustworthy company like Gulliver Garage Doors Calgary.