Just because the garage is a big open place, you dump everything that you don’t use most of the time. You put every outdoor and unwanted indoor item in it and tell yourself that you will organize it later. However, you forget to organize your garage and it becomes a chaotic mess.
Summer is the right time to get going on some garage organization. During summer, your kids are available at home due to summer vacations. So, you can involve them in this rearranging project and give a new look to your big open space. A garage is a huge disaster zone and require a cleaning service to get things back in order. With a few handy projects and little efforts, you can get much more space in your messy garage and modernize it.
Here are some effective ideas that are useful to upgrade your garage.
- Use ceiling space as much as possible: Prior planning is actually works on any project. So, make sure you have a strong strategy that how to rearrange your garage and how to store more things in less space. No doubt that you have some unwanted things that you use a few times in a year like decoration material or vacation material. So, you can use the ceiling space to store these things, because you don’t need them in your daily life.
- Before rearranging, taking everything out of the space: A big clutter free space like a black canvas, give you a good idea that how to use it and what you are working with. Working with a blank and clean space help you decide that which area is best to store large things and which is good for small things.
- Donate unwanted things: When you are taking everything out of the garage, you may find various belongings that you don’t use anymore. Find and separate them from your space. If they are in working condition, you can donate them to another person, who really need these things. If you have doubt donate or toss it, recycling is the best option.
- Utilize vertical space: Vertical space is the right way to store many things by using less space. If you have a small space to store everything, don’t take tension. You can use your walls to store them. Hanging bicycle, gardening tools and much more. Open shelves are also a good idea.
- Label everything: You will never regret it, if you label every single thing. Seriously, it is one of the main parts of organization project. Putting labels on every box is a great way to identify the things easily. After labeling, they are easy to find.
So, ready to rearrange your messy garage. Once you have rearranged or increased the storage space, you can safely keep your valuables in the garage. If you have a messy garage and use it as a main entrance, you should keep it clean and uncluttered. For more information, talk with Gulliver Garage Doors Calgary’s professionals.